Instituições de Ensino:
Apresentação do Curso
The Master in Maritime Logistics (MML) is a 1-year innovative international joint master’s degree program delivered by NOVA SST and the Portuguese Naval Academy.
This program represents a chance to become the professional in maritime logistics the industry is looking for. The program fosters optimal technical and managerial preparation, oriented towards current and future challenges faced by the industry, such as digitalization and multicultural interconnectedness, combined with valuable on-field experience.
This degree program assembles a fundamental set of knowledge in Logistics, with additional domains in Industrial Engineering and Management, which allows professionals of the maritime-port industry to develop the relevant research, innovation, technical, digital, and soft skills within the framework of sector related needs, including critical reasoning and a proactive predisposition.
The demand for Blue Skills is expected to increase in the next year’s most significantly in the areas of maritime transport, shipbuilding and shipping services. Especially, young professionals without prior specific education will have the opportunity to join the maritime industry that is expected to be in high demand of skilled specialists.
The Master in Maritime Logistics will train specialists able to:
- Understand, optimize and operate intermodal logistics schemes, value and supply chains.
- Create strategies to face the complexity of the sector and forecast the changes in the demand.
- Gain an integrated and systemic vision of the various aspects of port’s operation and logistics;
- Research, propose innovative solutions and organize teams, in different contexts of maritime logistics.
In particular the programme will give some qualification profiles that are not easily available on the market, which are:
- Integrated logistics Managers.
- Maritime Supply Chain Specialists.
- Port Managers.
- Shipping/Transport Technicians and Managers.