Instituições de Ensino:
Apresentação do Curso
The Ph.D. is a four-year program consisting of one and a half year of coursework followed by two and a half years of research. In the first year of the program, the focus is on providing the foundations for successful research. In the first semester of the second year students choose three additional courses in field subjects (or extra courses in the core subjects), which should be closely related to their research interests. In the second semester of the second year and in the third and fourth years, students are expected to develop their research projects and write a dissertation under the supervision of a faculty member.
- Provide advanced training in Economics, with a solid theoretical and methodological preparation, pursuing high standards of scientific and ethical exigency.
- Provide students thorough analysis skills, which may enable them to achieve a high academic performance, thus broadening the knowledge within the scientific area.
- Develop a critical standpoint towards the production and use of scientific knowledge.
- Prepare for a future performance in advanced Economics research positions, namely at universities, research centres, central banks, national and international organisations, among others.
- Attain communication skills directed at peer presentation of advanced scientific research works, enhancing its dissemination in international conferences.
- Consolidate autonomous and original research skills.
- Promote the dissemination and publication of scientific knowledge among the civil society, public institutions and business environment.
Saiba mais aqui