Instituições de Ensino:
Apresentação do Curso
The Bioengineering Systems Doctoral program attracts the highest-performing students and involves exchanges with MIT faculty and their laboratories. Curriculum development as well as teaching activities involves the Portuguese institutions as well as MIT faculty.
The PhD program will continue for 36–48 months past the first curricular year (equivalent to the Executive Masters program), and will accommodate extensive training periods at MIT (approximately 12-18 months).
Depending on student’s interest and expertise, placements in other international laboratories are possible.
* Candidaturas exclusivamente através de:
- Ability to understand in depth a specific research area and a particular field of knowledge within the Bioengineering Systems;
- Ability to implement, develop and use research methods in close relation with one or more Bioengineering fields of expertise;
- Ability to conceive, project, adapt and perform in R & D projects in Academia or in Industry in Bio-Engineering;
- Ability to do critical thinking and evaluation of new and complex ideas;
- Ability to communicate with her/his peers and the rest of the academic/scientific community as well as the ability to communicate with the rest of the society, in general;
- Comprehensive understanding of the need to promote in a professional/academic environment, the technological progress closely connected with the cultural and social visions of the world;
- Ability to understand ways of transferring scientific achievements to entrepreneurial environments;
- Ability to integrate different research areas in Bioengineering in problem-solving situations;
- Ability to identify the best path for commercializing a novel technology through an innovation process based on a go-to-market strategy;
At the end of the PhD program, the student is also expected to have completed a significant amount of original research work which represents an important contribution to extend the knowledge in the Bioengineering field and that has quality enough to be published in peered reviewed international scientific journals and communicated at international conferences.